Sound Bath and Reiki Informed Consent
By purchasing a ticket to the Sound Bath and Reiki event hosted by Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks, I understand and agree to the following:
The United States of America currently has no licensing policy in regard to Sound or Energy Healing, and Reiki. Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks are not licensed Medical Doctors or therapists. They do diagnose nor prescribe any condition, nor do they suggest cures.
The purpose of the Sound Bath (singing bowl healing) and Reiki is simply to provide a safe space for all clients to experience healing through natural processes. Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks consider the use of sound, energy, herbs, essential oils, crystals and any other natural healing modality as a way to encourage the body to get back to optimal functioning and everyone reacts to these methods individually. They make no claims for their medicinal actions, nor do they cite scientific evidence. Any information offered is done so on the basis of personal experience and traditional uses.
All clients agree to make their own choices as to what they do with the educational material they have been offered and are solely responsible for their own decisions and actions. It is always recommended to seek out the advice of a licensed health care professional whenever they feel it is necessary in regards to their own personal health, especially with serious conditions. Clients need to consult with their physician and get approval to attend Sound Bath and Reiki healing sessions if they have metal in their bodies, suffered concussions, have a pacemaker, use an insulin pump, and the like. If in doubt, consult your physician before coming to a Sound Bath and Reiki event.
Some issues such as suicidal thoughts or late-stage cancer are beyond the scope of our expertise and we would advise you to seek outside help.
I understand that:
- Any suggestion made Beth Bersot or Jenny Shanks will be to assist my body’s natural ability to achieve a balanced state, to the extent that my body or my highest knowing will allow
- Sound Bath and Reiki events are not meant to replace treatment by established medical practices, and can complement them.
- There are no guarantees as to the results of treatment
- Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks are not licensed physicians and will neither diagnose nor prescribe any condition nor do they make any specific claims regarding results from the sessions that I receive. Nothing in the work with Beth Bersot or Jenny Shanks at a Sound Bath and Reiki event is considered the practice of medicine.
I agree to:
- Raise any questions or concerns about anything I do not understand.
- Take full responsibility for my own health care.
- Give consent to Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks to conduct a group healing session with sing bowls and Reiki at the Sound Bath and Reiki events to balance my energy system.
I understand that Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks do not diagnose illness, disease, or mental disorder. Nor do they prescribe medical treatment or pharmaceuticals. It has been made clear that my session is not a substitute for medical examination or diagnosis and that it is recommended that I see a medical doctor for any physical or mental ailment.
I agree that Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks cannot be held liable for any problems that might arise that I think could be attributed to the energy healing season. I acknowledge that Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks practice for the purpose of providing mental/emotional/physical and spiritual support techniques. I attest that I understand the nature of the Sound Bath and Reiki events and freely elect to receive the techniques. I release Beth Bersot and Jenny Shanks from any and all claims of malpractice, non-disclosure, or lack of informed consent.
Updated July 2023