Tap into the power of your throat chakra and healing – knowing how to recognize signs of
Understanding your throat chakra and healing
The throat chakra, also known as Vishudda, is the fifth of the seven chakras, located in your throat region. Its color representation is blue turquoise and is connected to the element of sound. The throat chakra is our communication center and represents our ability to use our authentic voice. Additionally, artistic expression, creativity, and having the confidence to express our truth is also core to the throat chakra.
Signs that your throat chakra may be blocked
When your throat chakra is blocked, you may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
- Social anxiety and shyness.
- Illness in the throat region such as laryngitis or strep throat.
- Fear of speaking, or speaking too much.
- Dishonesty, inability to keep secrets, gossiping.
- Verbally abusive.
Signs of a healthy, open throat chakra
When your throat chakra is healthy and open, you may exhibit the following behaviors:
- Ability to express oneself authentically.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Creative expression.
- Can easily speak your mind in a non-aggressive manner.
How to balance and heal your throat chakra
Below are a few suggestions for balancing and healing your throat chakra.
- Attend a sound healing session.
- Bring more of the color blue into your life.
- Meditate and visualize the color blue in your throat. Visualize your throat opening up to let your authentic voice flow easily.
- Get a neck or shoulder massage.
Crystals and your throat chakra
- Blue Lace Agate — This crystal connects to the throat chakra to empower you with the peace of mind you need to relax into your words. It helps to clear the blocks between your mind and throat with soothing energy. It allows you to express yourself in a way that is both authentic and articulate. Blue Lace Agate is a wonderful stone when feeling stressed, anxious and overwhelmed.
- Celestite — This stone inspires deep peace and happiness. It can bring clarity and instilling you with a calm approach so you will be better equipped to handle whatever life brings you. A perfect stone to work with for those who are quick to react, and quick to regret. A Celestite stone encourages you to do that thing your mother always told you to do: Think before you speak. Taking slow breaths with this stone in hand creates balance in the mind. When you feel balanced and centered, it becomes easier to approach difficult situations with a level head.
- Sodalite — This stone is wonderful for creating the energy of self-acceptance, self-esteem, trust, and confidence in ourselves. By fusing with your throat chakra, sodalite cleanses you of the blocks that are inhibiting you from your self-expression. As you work with this stone, it will have you thinking like your best self again as it creates positive thoughts. And an important property about this stone is that it provides you insight into the self, helping you to take a deeper look at your strengths, weaknesses and your desires and goals.
Have any questions about your throat chakra and healing? Or, do you want to book
Create your own chakra healing kit with these resources!
I’ve gathered up some of my favorite products that I think you’ll love!