It’s not long until we are celebrating the arrival of spring (for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere) and the spring equinox. This year, we will experience the Spring (or Vernal) Equinox on March 19th and if you enjoy the warmer weather like I do, you are certainly going to look forward to the day. It is a particularly powerful day, a day where we will have an equal amount of darkness and light. It is a day that represents rebirth, vitality, the awakening after a long slumber where the Earth becomes more fertile as the Goddess is coming into her full power.
For thousands of years, civilizations all across the world have recognized the power of the equinox. Even now, there are no shortage of rituals, celebrations and traditions, surrounding the coming of spring. This is a beautiful time to step into meditation asking for guidance during your dreams before going to sleep, guidance about the next phase to life, or you might find yourself seeking a trip out west to the experience this beautiful energy of Sedona.
Since the arrival of Spring marks, a season of growth, this is a day you should spend focusing on your own personal growth. Spring is a time to enjoy all the seeds we planted last fall – it’s time for them to starting blooming. Take the space to sit and consider the past year – is there anything that you are still holding on to (bad habits, negative thoughts, even physical items that you’ve been meaning to donate) that you should let go of and move on from?
How to use the energy the Spring Equinox has to offer?
Take the opportunity to release anything not serving you. Maybe considering building a small fire to celebrate the lengthening days, and once you have a moment to take in the beauty of this fire –
1. Write any negative thoughts on a piece of paper, anything not worth serving your soul.
2. One by one burn.
3. And as you toss each one into the fire repeat this affirmation, “I am welcoming new light and growth into my life”.
Once you’ve gotten rid of the things that are holding you back, now focus on what you can do to be the person you want to be. If you haven’t created a vision board before, now may be the perfect time to work on one. Check out my blog about activating the vision board you create.
A beautiful reminder of the Spring Equinox
The Spring Equinox is a good time to set those intentions and to work on manifesting your future. Remember, the intentions and thoughts that you send out into the universe are more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
You may want to focus on crystals that embody the energy of spring and allow you to focus on manifesting new beginnings and starting new goals for yourself.
Crystal suggestions for the Spring Equinox:
- Peridot – Peridot is considered to be a stone of joy, a great stone for helping to release any negativity that might be in your life
- Sunstone – Sunstone is a good option for those dealing with depression. It also helps you to remember to focus on your own physical, mental, and spiritual health
- Ocean Jasper – Ocean Jasper is an incredibly positive stone. It allows you to focus only on the positive in your life
- Rose Quartz – The stone of universal love and self-healing, Rose Quartz is a great stone to have on hand to help you learn to love yourself (which in turn, allows others to love you as you deserve).
- Carnelian – Carnelian is a stone for vitality and motivation, and stimulating creativity. It is particularly helpful for overcoming abuse and past trauma
The spring equinox is a time for you to embrace the day. We only have four equinoxes that occur during a year, take the time to harness their powerful energy. Spend time outside, soaking in the fresh air, basketing in the sun, spend time with loved ones and hold a moment of gratitude for the light. Enjoy the fact that the amount of daylight is going to continue to lengthen and the days are going to continue to warm.
My beautiful friend Sarah is hosting her Anchor the Light –Spring Equinox event on Thursday March 19th | it’s an amazing, powerful and uplifting event! Grab your ticket here.