For those living in the Northern Hemisphere the Spring (or Vernal) Equinox arrives mid March and if you enjoy the warmer weather like I do, you are certainly going to look forward to the day. It is a particularly powerful day, a day where we will have an equal amount of darkness and light. It is a day that represents rebirth, vitality, the awakening after a long slumber where the Earth becomes more fertile as the Goddess is coming into her full power.
For thousands of years, civilizations all across the world have recognized the power of the equinox. Even now, there are no shortage of rituals, celebrations and traditions, surrounding the coming of spring. This is a beautiful time to step into meditation asking for guidance during your dreams before going to sleep, guidance about the next phase to life, or you might find yourself seeking a desire to explore something new.
Since the arrival of Spring marks, a season of growth, this is a day you should spend focusing on your own personal growth. Spring is a time to enjoy all the seeds we planted last fall – it’s time for them to starting blooming. Take the space to sit and consider the past year – is there anything that you are still holding on to (bad habits, negative thoughts, even physical items that you’ve been meaning to donate) that you should let go of and move on from?
The Spring Equinox is also a good time to set those intentions and to work on manifesting your future. Remember, the intentions and thoughts that you send out into the universe are more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
How to use the energy the Spring Equinox has to offer?
This is a perfect time to tune into the new and welcoming energy the equinox has to offer. I love to create the space and time to do a intention-setting ritual on or within a few days of the Spring Equinox.
- Turn some inspiriting music on as you settle in. Here’s a wonderful playlist.
- Call in your spiritual team as you seek guidance + alignment to what you want in the next six months.
- Circle with love the top two intentions that you feel the strongest too.
- Create a statement or affirmation that aligns with your intention(s)
- Light a candle, placing your list near it and focus on the light of the candle and you repeat the statement or affirmation aloud to sharing the energetic frequency with yourself and the Universe.
Crystal suggestions for the Spring Equinox
- Peridot– Peridot is considered to be a stone of joy, a great stone for helping to release any negativity that might be in your life.
- Sunstone– Sunstone is a good option for those dealing with depression. It also helps you to remember to focus on your own physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Ocean Jasper– Ocean Jasper is an incredibly positive stone. It allows you to focus only on the positive in your life.
- Rose Quartz– The stone of universal love and self-healing, Rose Quartz is a great stone to have on hand to help you learn to love yourself.
- Carnelian– Carnelian is a stone for vitality and motivation, and stimulating creativity.
A beautiful reminder of the Spring Equinox
The spring equinox is a time for you to embrace the day. We only have four equinoxes that occur during a year, take the time to harness their powerful energy. Spend time outside, soaking in the fresh air, embracing in the sun, spend time with loved ones and hold a moment of gratitude for the light. Enjoy the growing amount of daylight and embrace that the days are going to continue to warm.
Enjoy this beautiful limited edition, Spring Equinox Crystal Candle curated by my dear friend Sarah Belle. For new customers, enjoy 15% off your first order using ode JENNYSHANKS