Sacral Chakra and Healing
Tap into the power of your sacral chakra and healing – knowing how to recognize signs of a blocked sacral chakra and how to balance and heal your sacral chakra. Your sacral chakra is the second of the seven chakras, located in your lower abdomen from your navel to your pelvic region. It is the driving force behind pleasure and joy in life, so keeping it healthy and balanced is vital.
Understanding your sacral chakra and healing
Your sacral chakra, also known as svadhisthana, translates to “one’s own dwelling.” It is your emotion and pleasure center – regulating the energy associated with passion, sensuality, and intimacy. Its natural element is water and represents fun and flow. The sacral chakra is also centered around our personal identity and is the foundation for a healthy ego and self-image.
Signs that your sacral chakra may be blocked
Physical signs of a blocked sacral chakra
- Lower back pain
- Ovarian pain
- Hip pain
- Low libido
- Urinary problems
Behavioral signs of a blocked sacral chakra
- Fear of pleasure, or addiction to pleasure
- Sexually impulsive, or low libido and sexually closed off
- Emotionally overreactive or emotionally numb
- Poor self-image, insecure
- Lack of desire to play or create
- Emotionally unstable
- Lack of self-confidence
Signs of a healthy, open sacral chakra
If your sacral chakra is healthy, you may exhibit any of the following behaviors:
- Connected to your feelings
- Passionate about life
- Feel joyful and emotionally stable
- Positive self-image
- Playful and creative
How to balance your sacral chakra
Below are a few suggestions for balancing and healing your sacral chakra.
- Practice hip-opening yoga poses and routines. Your hips are tied to your sacral chakra area, so physically opening those up can help balance and unblock the sacral chakra.
- Participate in creative play. Explore new hobbies and activities that allow your creative energies to flow.
- Because the sacral chakra’s Earth element is water, take time to connect with water.
- Meditate – especially guided meditations around letting go and releasing.
- Add more “orange” foods to your menu. Oranges, carrots, sweet potatoes
Crystals and your sacral chakra
- Carnelian – This crystal is all about vibrancy, from its color to its energy. If you feel trapped or bored, Carnelian holds the energy that you want to invite. Use this crystal as a new outlook to approach your life from a different point of view. As you activate your sacral chakra, Carnelian keeps you out of your overactive mind and connects you to your instincts instead. This stone is wonderful for creative humans.
- Sunstone – This stone will breathe life into your creative spirit. It promotes energy, vitality, and creativity. This stone nourishes the sacral chakras to create confidence, power, and leadership within your being. A sunstone stone is the yang which balances the yin of Moonstone, and when worked with together, they create a beautiful harmony, connecting you with the energies of the Sun and the Moon. Using labradorite stones also marries very well with Sunstone and Moonstone, bringing out the magical energy, helping to manifest blessings.
- Orange Calcite – This stone is a strong sacral chakra stone and gets the positive energy moving. Orange calcite is ideal for those who are looking for new and innovative ideas or solutions to ongoing problems. It gets the energy moving, encouraging you to look at things in a different light. It is a catalyst for inspiration, sparking your creative fire. The orange calcite healing properties are powered by the Sun and are very energizing and healing.
Create your own chakra healing kit with these resources!
I’ve gathered up some of my favorite products that I think you’ll love!