Understand the powerful benefits of your root chakra and healing. Your root chakra is your base chakra, and it is our grounding connection to the Earth. It’s our foundational chakra and is associated with our needs for basic survival. Understanding your root chakra, including how to identify when it may be blocked and how to maintain a healthy root chakra, is important for your overall well-being.
Understanding your root chakra and healing
Your root chakra, also known as Muladhara, is the first of the seven chakras, located at the base of your spine.
Signs that your root chakra may be blocked
- Excessive feelings of insecurity. These may be feelings of insecurity in our jobs, in our homes, in our self-image. Feeling as though you are barely surviving or that life is a constant struggle.
- Behaviors controlled by fear.
- Feeling disconnected to family and friends.
- Feeling sluggish and tired.
- Lack of focus
Signs of a healthy, open root chakra
- Strongly connected to your loved ones. Healthy relationships.
- Positive feelings around money, job, home life. You are content with your life and trust that all will be provided for.
- The ability to relax and be still.
- Energetic and overall feeling healthy and well.
How to balance your root chakra
- Connect with nature. Because our root chakra is our connection to Earth, take time to ground yourself in nature. Maybe garden or plant flowers, or simply step outside in your bare feet and let your feet ground to the Earth.
- Eat more plant-based foods to increase that connection to Mother Earth.
- Breathe exercises.
- Root Chakra Affirmations – phrases such as I am safe, I am grounded, I am stable are a good place to start.
- Book a crystal healing session to help realign the flow of energy.
Crystals and your root chakra
- Black Tourmaline — Black Tourmaline is one of the most powerful crystals for protection and elimination of negative energy. This stone is a wonderful stone for grounding and creating energetic boundaries between you and others.
- Red Jasper — Red Jasper is a wonderful mood stabilizes as it allows you to grab hold of your root chakra. If you find yourself as a worrier, Red Jasper is known to dim the non-stop thoughts and allow yourself greater ease.
- Hematite — Hematite is known for connecting our bodies to the earth. This stone is known to nourish the root chakra and wash away self-doubts, creating a space of clarity and creativity.
Have any questions about your root chakra and healing? Or, do you want to book
Create your own chakra healing kit!
I’ve gathered up some of my favorite products for you to create your own chakra healing kit.