Happy May! Spring is in full force (in the northern hemisphere at least) and we are split between sensuous but grounded Taurus and speedy, mercurial Gemini. The New Moon that starts us off on May 11th is in the sign of Taurus, and brings around a time to lay some seeds and really revel in getting grounded. Enjoy starting new things, and feel into how tangible beginnings can be freeing and exciting.
The Full Moon in Sagittarius on May 26th balances out the grounded, earthly New Moon in Taurus with a sprawling, action-oriented lunation. Jupiter rules Sagittarius, and calls us out to inspire movements on our intentions without holding back. This is an expressive full moon, and we want to take hold of that and really find what the things we are bringing into our lives are doing for us. Are our actions reflections of our soul truths? Reflect this full moon, then go forth no holds barred.
May New Moon + Crystal Guidance
A Taurus New Moon is a beautiful time of savoring the good things. Indulge a bit in your favourite things, and enjoy the grounding energy. When it comes to the seeds of manifestation we sow during the new moon, we want to make sure we take a second to feel the dirt between our fingers as we plant them. Feel the spaciousness that goals and dreams can bring and savour the excitement of that for a time. We also want to use this time to heal anything that we have not been allowing ourselves to heal from.
Cultivate patience, stop and smell the roses, and make sure you are constantly evaluating what brings you joy and finding ways to bring that into your life. Bring in things that help you heal and that are soothing to the wounds we may be carrying.
May Crystal Guidance
- Pink Opal – Heals and soothes hidden wounds. Calming and clearing, encourages you to release anxiety and worry.
- Rose Quartz – Ultimate self love stone. Releases stress and brings feelings of peace. Promotes friendships and relationships. Comfort in highly stressful times.
- Chrysocolla – Cleansing and calming. Healing for tough emotions and situations, such as heartbreak or guilt. Promotes self-awareness and confidence and brings in joy.
I recently visited Stoned Gypsy Crystals in Cape Canaveral, Florida and yes they ship! This place is amazing and the owner Morgan is magical.
Taurus New Moon Affirmations
- I am secure and safe.
- I welcome new energy into my life.
- I am sowing seeds of great potentiality.
Enjoy my FREE New Moon Ritual or take your New Moon Ritual a level deeper with this guided practice.
May Full Moon + Crystal Guidance
The Full Moon in Sagittarius on May 26th in one word is free. Freedom to drop the things that are no longer true for us, without guilt and judgement. With this moon, we analyze all of the things that are coming to us and think critically about what is not serving us, and experience the true freedom that comes with dropping those things and living in our truth.
This moon calls for self acceptance, true trust in ourselves, and permission to let things we may have held back free. Use your creativity and express yourselves in new ways. Bring to fruition your manifestations in new and fresh ways, and embrace everything happening exactly as it should.
Full Moon Crystal Guidance
- Topaz – Recharges self and stimulates growth and new ideas. Attracts abundance and joy. Promotes openness, truth, and self expression.
- Clear Quartz – The ultimate amplifier. Works to expand and couple with other energies you would like to bring forth. Protective, dispels negative energies and clears the body, mind, and soul.
- Sodalite – Promotes clear communication. Helps with rational thought, clear truth, and better self esteem. Used for emotional balance and overall calm.
Sagittarius Full Moon Affirmations
- I am in alignment with my truth.
- I can express myself clearly & with love.
- I release the things that no longer work for me, and embrace new, fulfilling alignment.
Enjoy my FREE Full Moon Ritual Or take your Full Moon Ritual a level deeper with this guided practice.
Keep in Mind
May is a time to connect deeply, feel our true selves, and spring forth into the truths and work of our highest good and alignment. Give yourself some grace in the beginning of the month and prepare to show up for yourself and others.
The mission of Jenny Shanks, LLC is to inspire and support the human spirit through connection and education. We will share light, love, and hope to all we encounter in the human world and in the spirit world.Curious about exploring the world of crystals, keep your eye out on Jenny’s event page to see when she’s going to teach her next Crystal class.