Understand the powerful benefits of your heart chakra and healing. Your heart chakra is your fourth chakra and is associated with compassion, love, and beauty. Your heart chakra is the middle chakra, above the lower three chakras and below the upper three chakras, connecting the physical and spiritual together. Because of this, understanding your heart chakra, including how to identify when it may be blocked and how to maintain a healthy root chakra, is important for your overall well-being.
Understanding your heart chakra and healing
Your heart chakra, also known as Anahata, is the most important chakra of the seven. It is the connecting element of our physical and spiritual realms and is the center of love and connection. The heart chakra is associated with the color green and connected to the Earth element of air. Our ability to openly love, connect, and accept centers around the health of our heart chakra.
Signs that your heart chakra may be blocked
When your heart chakra is blocked, you may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
- Disconnected and withdraw from friends and family.
- Excessive isolation or reclusiveness.
- Jealous, angry, holding grudges against others.
- Respiratory or heart-related health issues.
- Hard to forgive others.
- Self-critical and critical of others.
- Struggle to give or receive love and affection.
- Inability to be alone, codependent.
- Social anxiety.
- Lack of empathy.
Signs of a healthy, open heart chakra
When your heart chakra is open, you may exhibit the following behaviors:
- Ability to see the beauty in all things.
- Feel love and compassion for others easily and naturally.
- Feel a sense of harmony with all things in life.
- A deep connection to friends and loved ones.
- Able to forgive and let go.
- Accepting of others.
- Exhibits generosity.
How to balance and heal your heart chakra
Below are a few suggestions for balancing and healing your heart chakra.
- Allow yourself to feel emotion and receive love. One way to do this is to journal about your emotions daily and lean into those feelings as you write about them.
- Complete a daily gratitude journal entry.
- Do release ritual to let go of any anger or resentment you may be holding onto.
- Meditate and chant positive affirmations around receiving love, acceptance, balance, connection.
Crystals and your heart chakra
- Rose Quartz– This stone is all about love. Rose Quartz emits strong vibrations of love and helps to heal all aspects of the heart chakra. It is all about making you more approachable through brightening your aura with love and understanding. It focuses on loving ourselves first and then recognizing the love all around us. It helps us to understand self-compassion for ourselves. And is a wonderful reminder for us to always act in a state of love.
- Green Aventurine— This stone is known to open up our heart chakra and create abundance in our lives. Bringing together harmony between our mind, body, and spirit, the properties of this stone induce a sense of completeness to the spiritual space that will often translate into newfound confidence. It helps us to recognize what truly excites us in life.
- Peridot — This stone is known to inspire the seekers of the universe. It works to promote abundance, prosperity, and happiness in your home. It also helps dissipate negative patterns and old vibrations that play over and over, keeping us from realizing we are deserving of success. As we work with Peridot, we can remove blockages and move forward quickly, opening the heart and mind more fully to receive from the Universe with grace and gratitude.
Have any questions about your heart chakra and healing? Or, do you want to book
Create your own chakra healing kit with these resources!
I’ve gathered up some of my favorite products that I think you’ll love!