There is a reason why someone is posting about crystals and essential oils every time you visit Facebook or Instagram. They can help. Both are used for a wide range of emotional and physical applications. They are a completely natural way to jumpstart your self-care and wellness routine.
Curious about introducing crystals and essential oils into your life but not sure where to begin? In this post, I will share a few simple essential oils and how to incorporate them into your daily routine. I’ll also share with you one of my favorite crystal sets to have on hand. It is full of incredibly useful crystals!
Essential Oils for Beginners
So, let’s start with essential oils. Essential oils don’t just smell nice. They are a powerful concentration of plant material (roots, bark, stems, leaves, etc.) packed into a small vial. They’ve been used throughout history for thousands of years. The benefits of using essential oils can include inspiring a sense of calm, a reduction of anxiety, a more restful sleep, and an elevation of mood.
Sounds pretty cool, right?
You can use essential oils in a lot of ways, depending on the oil itself. You can inhale the oil, or diffuse it, for its aromatic benefits, you can use it – diluted – topically (on the skin), and you can even ingest some oils. Just make sure that you purchase your oils from a reputable source and verify its recommended use (i.e.; topical, ingested, inhaled, etc.)
Here are a few of my favorite essential oils and how I like to use them:
- Add Lemon essential oil to your water for a refreshing taste. Lemon oil also naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
- Lavender is a great oil to add into a diffuser at night to promote relaxation and help your sleep. Another option is to add a drop on the palm of one hand, rub your palms together, and inhale deeply for 5 breaths.
- Frankincense has an uplifting aroma that’s perfect for grounding and spiritual connectedness. Add a single drop to the crown of your head in the morning to help provide more clarity and focus during your day.
- Peppermint is probably one of the most versatile essential oils. Peppermint can help relieve headaches, settle an upset tummy and is great helping you focus. I like to add a few drops into a spritzer bottle with some distilled water and use it on my skin during the summer – it is so refreshing!
- Tea Tree essential oil, also known as Melaleuca is one of the most widely used essential oils. You can find it in a lot of natural skin care products because of its cleansing and antibacterial properties. My go-to daily diffuser has two drops of Tea Tree and two drops of Eucalyptus, a powerhouse natural aromatic disinfectant.
There are so many more oils out there with such wonderful uses. But those 5 listed above are some of my absolute must-haves.
Crystals & Essential Oil pairings for Beginners
Let’s move on to crystals now. Each crystal has its own unique use and holding crystals or placing them on your body is thought to promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing. One of the best uses for crystals is to help balance your chakras (after all, your chakras concentrated areas of your body where energy gathers – when they aren’t functioning at their optimal levels, it manifests as actual ailments). Crystals are also filled with this powerful energy that can be used to focus and enhance your intentions.
There are so many crystals out there. Often times it gets overwhelming with knowing where to start!
A few of my favorites with essential oil pairings;
- Labradorite: Inspiration and lets you see possibilities. Oil Pairings: peppermint, lemon.
- Pyrite: Protective and creates creativity. Oil Pairings: peppermint, frankincense, grapefruit
- Citrine: Success, abundance, creativity, power. Oil Pairings: sandalwood, frankincense, orange, patchouli
- Clear Quartz: An ultimate healer, amplifies any intent it is programmed to. Oil Pairings: all essential oils
If you feel called to start with a set of crystals, the Chakra Crystals Set from Sarah Belle includes a variety of crystals that are perfect for supporting each of your chakras and helping to bring them into balance. This set includes some of my favorite crystals to work with and is a great starter kit for beginners working with crystals.
Make sure to use “JennyShanks” at check-out to receive your 15% discount!
Enjoy this post and want to learn more about bringing essential oils or crystals into your life? Take a look at my blog post on essential oils for spiritual health or how to combine crystals and essential oils