Understand the powerful benefits of your crown chakra and healing. Your crown chakra is the seventh chakra and is at the top of the chakra ladder. While our root chakra is our base chakra grounding us to the Earth, our crown chakra is the top chakra that connects us to the Universe and Divine source. Because of this, understanding your crown chakra, including how to identify when it may be blocked and how to maintain a healthy crown chakra, is important for your overall well-being.
Understanding your crown chakra
The crown chakra, also known as Sahasrara, is the top chakra in the chakra ladder and is connected to the color of deep purple. The crown chakra can sometimes be represented by white or clear light. The crown chakra sits upon the top of your head and is associated with consciousness. It’s also considered the gateway to transcendence and connecting to our higher self. Our crown chakra is the center for a deep trust and devotion to that which is greater than ourselves.
Signs that your crown chakra may be blocked
When your crown chakra is blocked, you may present one or more of the following behaviors.
- Lack of purpose or direction, apathy.
- Dogmatic thinking.
- Chronic headaches or other neurological illnesses.
- Spiritual disconnection.
- Cynical – especially related to anything spiritual.
- Materialistic and greedy.
- Lack of empathy.
Signs of a healthy, open crown chakra
When your crown chakra is open and healthy, you may find yourself exhibiting these behaviors.
- Feelings of peace, trust, and serenity rather than lack, fear, and anxiety.
- Able to connect with our higher self to access our intuition and inner wisdom.
- Understand the greater connection between all things in life.
- Controlled ego.
How to heal and balance your crown chakra
Below are a few suggestions for healing and balancing your crown chakra.
- Declutter – let go of material possessions, especially any unneeded goods.
- Explore guided meditations that connect you with your higher self.
- Book an energy work session such as reiki or EFT.
- Develop a spiritual practice that works for you.
- Connect with messages from Spirit through Angel Cards.
Crystals and your crown chakra
- Amethyst — This stone is known to work with the third eye and crown chakra as it indulges in our intuition. It has numerous benefits from helping us to let go of any stresses throughout the day, creating a restful night’s sleep to amplifying our intuition through the waking hours. As it increases our intuition, it’s the perfect stone to hold as you are deciding what direction you would move to next.
- Selenite — This stone is all about activation and reaching higher planes. It’s known for opening the crown chakra as it radiates light and energy promoting purity and honesty. It creates a space for us to be honest with ourselves. Once the power of the selenite flows into the crown chakra, it will open, clear and activate the energy. Selenite is ideal for connecting with our spirit guides. This stone is a rare one as it does not hold negative energy. By having selenite in our aura’s, we can block toxic energy and prevent our light from being sucked away.
- Clear Quartz — This crystal is the all-time go-to for manifesting realities, programming intentions and raising your vibrations. After you have taken the time to program your crystal with your intention, it will constantly put your intention into the universe. Clear Quartz brings clarity to our minds, helping us focus on our dreams and desires. It is known to assist with spiritual development as it raises our vibration to another realm. While this crystal connects with all chakra?s, it’s best known to work with the crown chakra as it opens up the portal to the universe by amplifying our energy. By adding clear quartz to your combination of crystals, it’s been said the energy of this crystal is so high — it will amplify the energies of the other stones and magnify your intention.
Have any questions about your crown chakra and healing? Or, do you want to book