When I was gifted a quartz crystals years ago for my birthday, I was led to learn more about crystal cleansing, energizing and programming. Crystal for your crystals is as important as caring for yourself.
Crystals do a lot for us and its important to take care of them. If you happen to acquire any crystals or just have crystals you have been working with for a while, it’s a good idea to give them a little energy cleanse. This isn’t a physical cleanse with soap and water but its intended to cleanse the stone of any absorbed energies. If you use crystals for healing, this should be done before and after the session. Once you cleanse your crystals you will have to re-energize your crystals.
Here are a few ways to cleanse your crystals;
- Salt Water Bath: This is a great way to cleanse some crystals but you have to be extremely careful which ones you cleanse, as it might dissolve your crystal. Simply create a nice warm bath with sea salt and let your crystal soak overnight.
- Dry Salt: Fill a glass bowl with sea salt and place your crystals into the sea salt. You can bury them or leave them on the surface. You can do this overnight or even for several days. After you finish this process, you should rinse your crystals under cool running water. (Note; you must throw the salt away and never use again because it has absorbed unwanted energies.)
- Non-Contact Salt: This is probably considered one of the most safest options. Fill a glass bowl with sea salt and then place another glass bowl in that sea salt. You can then place your crystals in the empty glass bowl. The salt will still be able to remove any old or negative energies. This method will take a little longer to process, so leaving the crystals in the glass bowl for a few days will be key. You can also pour a little water over the crystals to protect from any salt air.
- Sage and Incense: I place a sage incense in my house anytime anyone comes over that doesn’t normally live here. This is a great way to clear the energy in your house. You can do the same with your crystals. Simply wave the crystal through the smoke of the incense.
Now that you have cleansed your crystals, it’s important to re-energize them. Here are a few ways to do so.
- Moonlight: Crystals love light. The best time to cleanse your crystals are during a Full Moon. The strong moon energy actually lasts for three days. Doing this the day before, of, or after a Full Moon will work perfect. Placing your crystals outside during the Full Moon and allow them to absorb the energy.
- Reiki: After becoming certified Reiki I and II. I’ve learned how we can infuse our energy into things. Simply place the crystal between your hands as you infuse it with energy.
- Sunlight: The sun is such a great energy. You can place your crystals in the sunlight to recharge. Make sure you only place crystals in the sun that can handle it. Crystals like Carnelian and Sunstone love the sun. However, there are some crystals that will fade in the sunlight. Make sure to check for crystals that should Avoid Sunlight.
You have now cleansed and energized your crystals. Doing this on a regular schedule is important. Some people like to program their crystals as well. To program your crystals follow the steps below.
- Make sure you have cleansed the room you are in with your crystals. Any unwanted energizes can affect your crystals. (Smudge the room with sage).
- Sit quietly, way from distractions or any strong electrical devices.
- Hold the crystal in front of you, clear your mind and focus on the stone.
- Give the crystal a cleanse with white light and concentrate on the specific energy you wish to program the crystal and transmit the energies with these thoughts.
– Be clear and direct
– Don’t try to confuse or overload the crystal
– Do this until you feel happy and feel the energy has been transferred.
Share with us, the ways you love to cleanse, energize and program your crystals.