There is nothing more comforting when the crisp, cool days of fall hit than to snuggle under a flannel blanket on the couch with a warm mug of hot tea in your hands. Many of you know I love a cup of hot tea.I start every morning with a soothing cup of green tea. But what if your cup of tea could do more than just warm you up? What if it could ignite your soul and awaken you to what the universe is trying to tell you?
This tea blend was developed as a way to become more receptive to what the spiritual world is trying to reveal. Use the process of creating the tea (blending the herbs, heating the water, and waiting for the liquid to infuse) as a time to reflect on what messages are being sent to you. After you steep your tea and fill your favorite mug, take this time to breathe in and smell the aroma as you quite your mind and allow this space for the universe to guide you.
This blend is written in parts so that you can make as much or as little as you want. It combines a variety of dried herbs to add a little zip to your day. In addition to helping to cleanse your energy from tension and stress, these herbs also provide many benefits for the mind and body:
- Hibiscus Flowers – Helps to maintain cardiovascular health.
- Rose Hips – One of the most concentrated sources of vitamin C out there which is great for the immune system.
- Peppermint Leaf – Works to improve digestion, reduce pain, eliminate inflammation, and helps to relax the body and mind.
- Lemongrass – A great herb for the digestive system that also helps to relieve exhaustion.
- Orange Peel – Helps to protect your digestive system, and reinforce the immune system.
- Wild Cherry Bark – Rich in minerals such as zinc, iron, calcium, and magnesium, it also helps with digestive issues and has a calming effect.
- Licorice root – Helps to reduce stress and is said to contain anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties.
Give this blend a try and see what awaits you.
Awakening Herbal Tea Blend
1 Part Hibiscus Flowers
1/2 Part Rose Hips
1/2 Part Peppermint Leaf
1/4 Part Lemongrass
1/4 Part Orange Peel
1/4 Part Wild Cherry Bark
1/8 Part Licorice Root
Blend all the herbs together in large bowl and transfer to an airtight container. You?ll use 2 tsp. of dried herbs per 1 cup of boiled water, steeping for 15 minutes or to your desired strength. You can also sweeten your tea with a touch of honey or sugar if you’d like.
Looking for a reputable place to purchase your herbs, I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs-they are an Oregon based company that has been around for decades and focuses on providing organic ingredients that have been sustainably?harvested. If you don’t feel like making your blend from scratch, you can purchase it already blended from Wild Little Earthlings.
Disclaimer: For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.